Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

JUSTIFICATION: Okay, so my title does little to inform you what's about to take place in "The Post" below. Actually, said title has nada to do with my ramblings, at all :) Just heard the saying, like it, wanted to type it, did it - YAY ME! The linked picture has thighs in it, so the theme ran hand in hand, kinda.

Anyhoo...Why I work, is on my mind this morning. I have narrowed it down to three REAL reasons. Wanna hear/read? GO FURTHER...

FURTHER DELVING INTO THE MIND OF A WOMAN PROCRASTINATING (I was getting ready for a run):

1) Money. Yeah, this may come as a super surprise to many (sarcasm insert) but I wasn't born an actual princess/goddess/super hero like. I need cash to live, IE: pay bills, eat, give my kids (don't even get me started), do fun things, did I mention pay bills? However, number one directly relates to...

2) Enjoy my work. I MUST enjoy what I do, for the most part. I does seem rather odd that my "enjoyable traits" don't pay a lot, or are illegal and or immoral. Alas, I stick to what type of jobs create that feeling of, "Hey, guess I have a long day ahead, better pack snacks..." all said with a smile from deep in my belly. Opposed to that which I've had many time before at other jobs, feeling, " OH MY GAWD, I am hating today already, no time, crabby diva clients, small talk, I'm late, ARGH!"
I worked on "attitude", I just didn't want to go to work. I have since then realized how important it is to me -precious, darling, sensitive,- me. I need to feel (see I can still be delusional) as though I made a difference. Physically, mentally, spiritually. I perform my paid services, and with that I listen, I ask, I learn, I laugh, I joke, I smile, I care. When the day is done, I'm exhausted.

3) Dammit, I can't remember number three. Perhaps it's because I feel a bit badly about not being on my run, aka: running. Good gravy, guess I'll give into it. It, being the force or whatever the hell is compelling me to want to get outside and start-finish my painstaking sweat induced euphoria.

UPDATE TO NUMBER 3:
3) Stay focused and relatively busy. I couldn't imagine NOT having to do anything. My brain would turn to mush. A bowel of sloppy goop. Working allows me the opportunity to meet people through out my day, accomplish tasks, learn shit - yanno?
I'm positive when I thought of number three this morning it was much more profound. However, I believe it was along the same line as what I just wrote, just with more cushioning ;)

FAMOUS LAST WORDS: I'll be back!

WW :)

PS. I saw a baby deer this morning crossing the highway as I ran along gasping for air... breathtaking really ;-)

Have a good one, two, three, 21!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

After I win the $43 million tomorrow night, you won't ever have to work again if you don't want to! I forced myself out for a run at 6:00 this morning too, it's MUCH easier and MUCH more enjoyable when I have you to talk to!

Pablo said...

I absolutely HAVE to enjoy my work, or else I'm miserable. Teaching is going to fulfill that need, I'm sure. The money isn't fantastic but it's decent. Ministry is also very rewarding, especially since I no longer get paid to do it. So much less stress, let me tell ya!

Boaz said...

This is good stuff WW. Have I said before you are a good writer? Well you are and I will be back for more, (as well as the pictures).

Wonder Woman said...

Marvy, I can't wait! *crosses fingers* and *crosses toes* and *crosses labia* and... okay enough is enough already, sheesh ;-)

Pabsters, I miss your sermons. I mentioned to Marvy on one of our runs how much I enjoyed your "lectures"... I always went away learning something. Crazy shit really :-)

Boaz, I checked out your blog, liked it, keep visiting it... and thank you for your kind words. Mucho appreciated kiddo :-D

So, I've finished my run for today, off to work early, and I believe finished early, maybe enough time for a boat ride later - YEEEHAW!

From the bottom of my cervex I wish you an awesome day!
WW!!!!!!