Sunday, June 22, 2008

Happy Anniversary!



A man named Wade: He is my dad. He's a good man. He does have his challenges, just like any other person born to earth. However how many of us can say we've been dedicated to our jobs for 40 years?! I know. Crazy shit.

He is the longest employed person in the company he works for. He's a brilliant man. They're lucky to have had him all these years.
HE has MADE a difference in his world.

The strength it takes to remain constant is truly a gift. He has been married to my mother for nearly 39 years. Dear Lord, how does this happen?
Strength. Perseverance. Will.
Just, wow...LOVE YOU DAD!

A lady named Vera: Went to her home as requested by her step daughter. I then did what I was paid to do ...a pedicure and a manicure. This wise, deeply involved, worldly grandma turned 81. :) The calls she received, the visitors...


SHE has MADE a difference in her world.


The amount of respect I feel for her is beyond words. Next month she will be married 60 years! Holy shit, nothing else could describe this length of commitment. I asked her how on earth she made it 60 years?! She laughed (as she does a lot) and said she hates packing. LOL She had to stay!

Don't let her humour fool you, she loves the old fart, it's obvious to anyone who witnesses their marriage how much they do respect and care for one another.


It's nothing short of beautiful.


I'm humbled by people like these two individuals mentioned above. It's true no one is perfect. But for someone to realize they possess a strength and run with it... well I'm truly astonished!


With all that said, Seamus and I only have 59 more years to go to make it to our 60th Wedding Birthday! I've always liked a good challenge ;)
Hope he's up for it... heh, heh, heh...


1 comment:

Doorman-Priest said...

HE has MADE a difference in his world

I hope someone will say that about me one day.