Monday, September 25, 2006

Ya Gotta Have Friends

I spent the weekend with friends of mine. One being a great friend, and mentor. I have always been the type of child who had a "best" friend. I have been friends to many, but held special bonds with few. As I age I hold less people close to me, who I am, my life and where I am going. This is me, and I really do like who I am, I don't feel as though I need "false friends" and quite frankly I don't have the time.

This brings me to a comment once said by a client of mine. She had met a man on an online dating service, it didn't work out, the end. Or so she thought. He had a great time, and felt they could still be "friends". She, being a woman to admire, cut directly to the chase. She told him between her two children, working, athletics, and girlfriends, she didn't have enough time during her week as it was. She really wasn't interested in making friends, she wanted a partner not another friend. The end.

Gutsy, bold, a bitch?

Whatever, it's how it is, I admire this way of being. Direct, no one wastes their time and energy. No one gets hurt. How glorious is that?

My friends, thank you for giving me that space in your lives, in your hearts, in your thoughts, to be apart of your memories, and perhaps even a cameo appearance in your future.

God Bless.

2 comments:

Pablo said...

So does this mean the restraining order is no longer in effect..?

Wonder Woman said...

Naw, it was only to taunt you into being sneaky, silly duck ;)