Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Mammograms R Us

Oy.

Joy just phoned from the Woman's Health Centre with unbelievably awesome news! I'm booked in for a mammogram torture session on Halloween, October 31st at 10:30am in case you'd like to send my way non squishy, comfortable thoughts.

I arranged for my medical physical a few weeks back aware I hadn't had a complete physical in oh, about, ah, 13 years :) Today was the day, and I'm pleased to say my cervix didn't fall out or anything! Everything went decent. As decent as one gets stripped down in front of a complete stranger. The questions were a bit unnerving as well, especially 2 of them made me a bit uncomfortable. However, I can't change the past, and so I did answer honestly to all queries. Everything went swimmingly smoothly until my breast examination, she found a lump, a sore lump I might add. (No worries, I'm cool with it really.) My breasts can be tender at times. The nurse practitioner wants to make sure it's nothing, mentioning that I would be getting a call for an ultrasound. I agreed, again no worries. Finishing my appointment off with some routine blood tests then dashing back to work to perform a bikini waxing.

A morning so complete, unlike one of my very relaxed average days.

Total time of appointment - 1 hour 15 minutes. She was thorough, knowledgeable, kind, straight to the point, non judging, efficient, and soothing. Unlike any physician I've seen. Crazy weird huh?

It's just after noon now and Joy, the receptionist, has informed me of my mammogram appointment.

"Um" I said sounding a bit nervous. "I was told that I would be having a simple ultrasound, I may have misunderstood, however if there is any chance of the ultrasound over the mammogram, I'd gladly rather take the ultrasound..."

She got back to me in lightening speed.

The nurse practitioner took me for much younger, apparently. Anyone over 30 with a "lump" issue is sent for a mammogram. Joy apologized for any miscommunication. Oh well, I guess.


Okay...

Firstly - Yippppppeeeeee @ Looking younger!

Secondly - DAMN @ Not being younger ;-)

Thirdly - F@CK @ A mammogram! Ugh.

This afternoon I am going to get caught up on the overload of dishes lingering around the house after the long weekend. Put a roast in the oven for supper. I have an appointment to donate blood a bit later. And an evening of services to perform (manicure, pedicure, bikini waxing) for a wonderful woman who works out of town, making an evening appointment with me necessary. I'm such a nice person, I swear!

Just another typical Tuesday, perhaps...

Have fun whatever you choose to do today!

WW :)

4 comments:

Elusive Wapiti said...

WW, that cartoon is just sick. Funny and sick. After I got done laughing, I threw up. A little.

Wonder Woman said...

In your mouth?

;-) Ah ha.. gotcha!

Elusive Wapiti said...

But then it went back down, so it's okay...

I'm fine now. Really.

Wonder Woman said...

It always goes "back down" eh? A shame really. However, must be much more comfortable that way, I assume ;-P