Monday, September 29, 2008

Monday's Mundane Thoughts


Hmmm, men get so upset, down right flustered at woman. Especially feminist women. Men get riled up over the issues pertaining to unfair divorces, inequality when it comes to potential parenting, why do they ALWAYS get screwed??? Oh, Lord, why???? Ummm, cos what goes around comes around, maybe :)


Don't you think that quite possibly men have screwed themselves over with past actions? I mean, seriously, in the 60's - 70's - 80's wasn't it all too often the chick got shanked when it came to support payments? Men would claim bankruptcy so that they didn't HAVE TO PAY SUPPORT? Uh, yeah, you must have forgot about this.


And don't forget... Didn't men just leave their families, making new ones along the way. These "dads" gladly gave over any paternal rights while decent men, step dads, began this adopting of disregarded children.


Wasn't there a rule about what men could use to "control" their women? Wasn't punishment often physical abuse? AND this was totally acceptable, a norm even?


Seems to me, the past is what's haunting jilted men THESE DAYS. Bitch is a payback.


Men and women are equal. The bibles even states this to be true. We were created in His image. End of discussion.


**********


Why are there certain "roles" one must abide by being born a certain sex when married?


I was born a woman, therefore I am to be nurturing, caring for the children, making meals, cleaning, looking up to and taking care of my husband.


A husband should solely provide, work outside the home, and with love in his heart have the strong hand of discipline on his side.


Gender roles, are they not a combination of several "needs" allotted between a couple, divided up as need be? IE: Perhaps the woman works outside the home; the man nurtures the children at home. Coming to an agreement which suits each union, isn't this marriage?


Thought so.


*********


Responsibility, this seemingly is a reoccurring thought of mine; or therefore the lack of acceptance of such a term.


Your life sucks. Figure it out.


Someone makes you (love that one) feel. Naw, I'm inclined to disagree. You choose to feel, and yes others can affect your feelings. Ultimately however, you feel as you choose to feel.


I suffer. You're a victim and need to figure out shit, ASAP.


Why me? Why not you, what makes you so special that you don't need some faith practises thrown your way?


I can't. Oh, okay, you can't.


What I can do is... tell you about what I admire in you, spend time with you, tell you what you mean to me, show you my feelings. I'm afraid the rest (the hard stuff) is pretty much up to you.


*********


Why are women chastised over gradual weight gain; whereas men don't ever look as they did 20 year their junior?


No one "likes" abortion. Right?


Why do dogs roll in shit from other animals when they're let off a leash to run freely. They don't "blend" into anything once they're back on the leash.


Who can hold out their arms whilst sitting on the floor, not propped up against any walls etc and hold their arms in this position for a minimum on 5 minutes? No stretching in between, no letting them fall, even if for a brief moment, holding...holding...holding. Who knows why this IS important?


I'm almost maxed out of push ups I can do in one sitting, in a row, without wanting to scream profanities. Yes, I have previous injuries, and yes this IS an excuse. I suck it up every day. I just am not sure about what the future holds for me and the push ups. *give me strength, please* PS. Erik you suck :)


Roast chicken is for supper tonight, the smell lingers and mmmm, mmmm, mmmm I'm looking forward to filling my tummy after class!


I just ate a healthy snack WITH a thick layer of creamy icing from a can, DOH! I believe my choices, due to my lack of responsibility ;-) may have earned me a few more exercises tonight. Ugh, who am I kidding, it was SO FLUCKING WORTH EVERY BLISSFUL MORSEL OF CHEWY CREAMY GOODNESS. Ahhh.


Need to lose weight? Eat less. Want to be a bit healthier? Exercise. A winning combination :)


Until I bulge again,


WW ;)


6 comments:

Elusive Wapiti said...

"I mean, seriously, in the 60's - 70's - 80's wasn't it all too often the chick got shanked when it came to support payments?"

Evidence for all this shanking? Or is what you call 'shanking' being held accountable for one's actions for breaking up the family? Why should one expect to live high on the hog after committing what is arguably one of the most destructive acts to the fabric of society?

You know, there's a real good way to not have to worry about the monthly child support check. And that's to not get divorced from a perfectly good man who's only crime was to let you (referring to women in general here, not you in specific WW) become unhappy.

Here's an pair of alternatives that solve the child-support question instantly. Not that women would ever support them because it takes their cash cow away, but here goes: (1) they could (and should) award children to the party most able to support them. (2) Instill a rebuttable presumption of shared parenting. Shared parenting means that both parents have the responsibility and joy of raising their children, and the children benefit from the parenting of both their parents. Strangely, women's groups oppose both measures. Why is that?

Both options mean that the child support gravy train would never leave the station. Bet that'd stop a whole lotta divorces before they started (in fact (2) slashes divorce rates dramatically)!

"Didn't men just leave their families, making new ones along the way."

WW, do you know what proportion of divorces are a result of men walking out on their families? And how does that compare to the number of children slaughtered by women each year, or the proportion of divorces initiated by women?

"AND this was totally acceptable, a norm even?"

Is divorce, sole mother custody, eviction and enslavement a norm today? Is it any more right? Just because you think it's just desserts doesn't make it right and correct.

Oh, and I never laid a finger or even raised my voice even once at my ex wife in seven years of marriage. How's that for earning my so-called payback?

"Perhaps the woman works outside the home; the man nurtures the children at home. Coming to an agreement which suits each union, isn't this marriage?"

Would you surprised if I were to agree with you? You've read my blog enough (I think)...you prolly know my position on roles that don't derive from scripture.

"Why are women chastised over gradual weight gain; whereas men don't ever look as they did 20 year their junior?"

Why are men chastised for not having a job, or for not providing his wife/gf/so the lifestyle that she wants?

Seems there are double-standards everywhere, eh?

Pronto said...

LOL - wouldn't expect any less of Pumping Pole of Penile Power !!!

ha ha

Wonder Woman said...

Pump up the jam, pump it up!

Pablo said...

The bible doesn't say men and women are equal. It says they are the same in nature, having both been created in the image of God. Same in nature but different in office. Sure, men are given authority over their family but they're also expected to provide for them. They're expected to sacrifice first, sacrifice most, and be the first to die.

Any man who does that should be respected. Any married man who refuses to live up to his obligations, well...

Wonder Woman said...

Thanks Pabsters - same in nature different in office - gotcha!

Wonder Woman said...

Yes, I agree.

It is wrong.

So, stop bitching about chicks all the time :)

La, la, la...