Monday, April 14, 2008

Fitting In Fitness!

Why?

Cos I said so?!

Naw, here are just a few "reasons" why...


Did you know that regular physical activity can improve your mental health and outlook on life?

EVERY DAY ENERGY
Give you the energy to do the things you want to do such as spend quality time with friends and family.
MOOD MONITOR
Reduce feelings of stress, anxiety and depression
SOUND SLEEP
Improve your sleep, giving you the rest you need to enjoy daily activities - on the job and at home.
PEAK PERFORMANCE
Clear your head so that you can approach work refreshed and able to concentrate.
ENHANCED SELF-ESTEEM
Boost self-confidence by improving your strength, stamina, flexibility, appearance and sense of control.

And?

Anything else?

Pfffft, common there has to be more, right?!!


And of course, there are the potential physical benefits.

WEIGHT WATCH
Shed extra pounds and abdominal fat - the fat most closely linked to heart disease-and maintain a healthy weight.
HEART HEALTH
Reduce risk of heart disease, or improve physical functioning if you have had a heart attack or bypass surgery.
CHOLESTEROL COUNT
Increase HDL ("good") cholesterol and lower triglycerides.
CANCER CHECK
Reduce risk of colon cancer.
HANDLE ON HYPERTENSION
Lower high blood pressure and risk of stroke.
BLOOD SUGAR BALANCE
Control blood sugar (glucose) levels if you have, or are at risk for, diabetes.
BONE BENEFIT
Improve bone density, reducing the risk of osteoporosis and fractures as you get older.


Do I make myself crystal clear?

Thought so!


Have a sweat on me!
WW :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you. I get really, really, really sick of people pushing obesity as a lifestyle choice, or applauding plus-sizers for being true to themselves and the like. It's just plain unhealthy to carry around all those extra pounds. And it's nice to find a blog promoting a healthy lifestyle.

Wonder Woman said...

Promoting a healhty lifestyle?

WOW, and I thought I was a blogger egging on compulsive, neurotic stalkers!!

I win!

Anonymous said...

I'm totally surprised that there's nothing in your post about exercise boosting your sex drive...WW, you're slipping!!

Marvy

Thoughts From Jeff said...

I am on my way, it has been a nine month journey. Sometime (maybe 6 weeks?), I am going to blog on the journey ... where I was and where I am now.