Sunday, December 23, 2007

I don't get it...

Well I do get "it", however I'm stumped when it comes to others seeming validations of what they 'think' or view as good, important, etc...

What evoked this thought, a comment on Billiams blog. It happens all the time, people telling/typing 'good post', 'great story', etc.. When truly, who gives a fluck? Am I being neurotic, or am I gleaming towards rightness? (I think that maybe a new word, my word!)

Don't tear me apart (wow, got a little tingle there...) I just feel, as I was taught "if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all" should encompass a bit more. Perhaps, "if someone asks you, if you have nothing nice, say nothing at all" - hmmm.

People like to be validated by others, I find this a difficult concept, as these are the very same human being that will rip you to shreds in the blink of an eye.

Perplexed, I am.

Comments, making others feel good, it's a novel and wondrous idea. Giving your opinion when it's not asked for nor needed, seems a bit - self indulgent, selfish, attention starved, parental, above others, God like.

I think, *wink* *wink* I know that not going to the gym this morning was going to make me (like that, MAKE ME) get all introspective, reflective, thoughtful and shit.

Damn what exercise doesn't help you with, eh?!

And what exercise doesn't save others from...


He, he, he.

4 comments:

Erik said...

Well who asked you!

Difster said...

Right on!

Great post!

Just what I thought too!

Muy bien!

Good work!

Job well done!

< /sarcasm>

Pablo said...

Couldn't agree more,
FANTASTIC POST!

Oh wait, I was being sarcastic, like Dif. You know I like you anyways, right?

Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

I don't think you're off on this. Most of us will only ever get two types of blog readers: those who agree with us and at the most, minorly critique, and trolls that disagree with us. I like how Vox Day refers to most of the former: "the ilk."