Monday, November 12, 2007

Familiar

The dark emptiness surrounds me.

A cloud encompassing my listless soul.

Isolated, cold, self - alienated.

Neither comforted nor warm, just so.

Joyless and dismal.

A void helplessly unfulfilled.

My life deserted of anything, or anyone.

Slow, defeated and simply not giving a damn any longer.

Tired, worn out, not choosing to inconvenience others.

Trivial and unimportant.

Wanting the inner light to sparkle, to light my path once again.

So distant, yet familiar...

Once animated, vivacious with life.

Withering in turmoil.



In the distant, the brilliant silver moon seeminly happily, shines upon me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sending you a hug, always remember what an inspiration you are to so many.

Luv ya!

We still have to do the coffee thing sometime.

Pablo said...

Excellent poem. Loved the last line. You okay?

Wonder Woman said...

Yup, I'm fabulistic actually :)

I'm into a "dark" novel right now, had some "feelings" that I felt I wanted to describe in writing.

Interesting really. To be content, happy with life - but also to remember how low you have felt in your life.

Thanks for reading it!

Now bend over I'll show ya "okay"...

*winks*