Wednesday, April 4, 2007

What I've been up to...

Went to my doctor's appointment Monday. What was accomplished you ponder?

This:

I thanked him for the new vagina and belly button. He turned pink and oddly became quieter :)

He moved my Jackson-Pratt out of the way before changing my dressing. I asked him to be gentle with my testicles (you so have to see to understand)...

I told him I didn't need any more pain killers, "I'm fine" is what I believe my idiotic self stated at the time. He sheepishly went along with my heroic persona.

I asked him when I can have sex again. With a more than void befuddled look, he stammered a bit about 'force'. Then explained how, like any physical activity should be about six weeks before I resume "normal activities".

I rolled my eyes, I actually felt them roll in my head - and with a light "chaaa" "right" sound escaping from my lips (the ones on my face). He felt obliged to explain further about pressure. Blah, blah, blah.

What I got out of our "little talk" was this: I can have raunchy wild animalisitic pounding sex in about six weeks. I will have gentle easing of genitalia once the drain bulbs have been removed ;)

See, I listen :)

All in all my doctor's appointment went well I think.

Tuesday, the day after I refused more drugs was HELL. I cried, I was in pain, and I do mean P-A-I-N. Oh boy, let me tell you after my son's hug did little for the pain, I made that call. T3's aren't much, but they sure do a lot, when you need them to.

I had a fever yesterday and a migraine to boot (I'm so freakin lucky). Yesterday wasn't a great day. When I can't eat, I must be ill.

The drain bulbs seemed to be blocked. I was told at my doctor's appointment previously that "it would work itself out". One word, "BULLSHIT".

I had to unplug blood clots from this god forsaken instrument of perpetual leakage. SICK, WRONG, GROSS, but kinda cool ;) The bulbs filled up FAST. I knew.. something needed fixing.

Random thought: Interesting how often "we know" but fail to listen, to ourselves!

Wednesday, today I feel good. Uncomfortable with the damn drain bulbs, they seem to be pulling and leaking slightly (good heavens I'm sexy ;). I will be picked up shortly for my rendezvous with health care staff at the hospital. I can voice my concerns and have them rectified (they actually listen to me).

My sick sense of humour is almost back into full swing. Seamus feels "I must be wired wrong" as I'm up for pretty much anything ;) Not that he's allowing this anything to happen dammit!

So, I'm thinking breasts done next year? Hmm, maybe ;)

REMINDER: Doctor's orders won't allow for any wild animalistic pounding sex for six weeks.
Update: Right bulb was removed. Creepy one foot tube removed from my guts. I'm on my way...zoom, zoom!

5 comments:

heidi said...

3,628,800 seconds. I think. But who's counting? :) Get well soon!

Wonder Woman said...

I AM!

Oh my heavens, that IS a while!

*pouting*

Roland said...

I'm glad you're mending. I can understand what you're going through. I had to pack another's open wound with gauze for a couple of months until it healed.

What heals all wounds?
a. Time
b. Thyme
c. Tyme
d. A week in a harem.

:)

Wonder Woman said...

I PICK D!

I'm actually in more pain and uncomfortable beyond belief currently, I PICK D, next week ;)

Anonymous said...

You had me laughing (your doc's discomfort) and cringing (I think I'll avoid a surgery like this at all cost) in the same post. Thy work is accomplished! :D

Seriously, I hope you mend quickly and can get back to the fun stuff soon. ;)