Monday, March 5, 2007

Taken from - Res Ipsa Homepage (704 Houser Street)
  • Men's Thesaurus:

  • "IT'S A GUY THING"
  • Translated: "There is no rational thought pattern connected with it, and you have no chance at all of making it logical."
  • "CAN I HELP WITH DINNER?"
  • Translated: "Why isn't it already on the table?"
  • "UH HUH," "SURE, HONEY," OR "YES, DEAR"
  • Translated: Absolutely nothing. It's a conditioned response.
  • "IT WOULD TAKE TOO LONG TO EXPLAIN"
  • Translated: "I have no idea how it works."
  • "TAKE A BREAK, HONEY. YOU'RE WORKING TOO HARD."
  • Translated: "I can't hear the game over the vacuum cleaner."
  • "THAT'S INTERESTING, DEAR."
  • Translated: "Are you still talking?"
  • "YOU KNOW HOW BAD MY MEMORY IS."
  • Translated: "I remember the theme song to 'F Troop,' the address of the first girl I ever kissed, and the vehicle identification number of every car I've ever owned... but I forgot your birthday."
  • "OH, DON'T FUSS -- I JUST CUT MYSELF. IT'S NO BIG DEAL."
  • Translated: "I have actually severed a limb but will bleedto death before I admit that I'm hurt."
  • "HEY, I'VE GOT MY REASONS FOR WHAT I'M DOING."
  • Translated: "And I sure hope I think of some pretty soon."
  • "I CAN'T FIND IT."
  • Translated: "It didn't fall into my outstretched hands, soI'm completely clueless."
  • "WHAT DID I DO THIS TIME?"
  • Translated: "What did you catch me at?"
  • "I HEARD YOU."
  • Translated: "I haven't the foggiest clue what you just saidand am hoping desperately that I can fake it well enough so that you don't spend the next three days yelling at me."
  • "YOU KNOW I COULD NEVER LOVE ANYONE ELSE."
  • Translated: "I am used to the way you yell at me and realizeit could be worse."
  • "YOU LOOK TERRIFIC."
  • Translated: "Oh, please don't try on one more outfit. I'm starving."
  • "I'M NOT LOST. I KNOW EXACTLY WHERE WE ARE."
  • Translated: "No one will ever see us alive again."
  • "WE SHARE THE HOUSEWORK."
  • Translated: "I make the messes; she cleans them up."

1 comment:

Roland said...

I always listen to my wife. Why just today she said, ah, she said...
Hey, is that football?