Friday, March 2, 2007

I'm in there!

Received "the call" yesterday.
My surgery date is March 29Th @ 1pm.

*Deep breathing*

  • I'm excited, scared, happy, nervous, in wonder, frightened...

  • I consulted a surgeon, about two and a half years ago, to have my tummy tightened up. I once weighed a heck of a lot. I've lost approximately 180 lbs to date. Anyhoo, I was on the waiting list for about a year, then I turned down two open spots last year, afraid. Not sure of what really, perhaps thinking I would lose a piece of who I've become, my triumphs & struggles, my c-section scar...

  • I have come to a new beginning yet again, my life continually evolving - it's time!

  • Change is good, intimidating, but good.

  • Wish me luck, please :)

Thanks!

6 comments:

Pablo said...

I'll say a quick little prayer. I'm sure it'll all turn out okay. Let me know if I can visit!

Anonymous said...

Goog luck WW! I'm sure you'll be fine.

Billy D

Wonder Woman said...

Sheesh, I wish I had your confidence right about now..

Brooke Sikula said...

Thanks for the encouragement! I never realized running was such a blast - until I gave it a chance...

And good luck with the surgery. I know you'll be fine, but I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Difster said...

I've lost approximately 180 lbs to date.

WOW! You look absolutely stupendiousosofolous now.

Wonder Woman said...

Thanks, I like to think of myself as "do-able".

I get done, therefore I am do-able, WOOHOO!