Monday, November 6, 2006



It's Monday! What a Blast, Grab a Ball!

As I munch on hemp hearts, sitting, reading before me various tips, ideas, suggestions and experiences it has occurred to me that I to must do my duty. I realize now that I need, yes NEED to offer you some critical advice as so many OTHER wise people have before me *grandiose smirk*.
Perhaps more substantial than a mere "tip" (pun intended), rather a life altering several dimensional adventure! Oh dear sweet Jesus, yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

With all of this excitement, my brain is beginning to swell, the anticipation is building, the plethora of information ready to spew...

Monday's Exercise Tip: Develop Your Core!

The picture above demonstrates the very exercise I suggest you try, Zee Super-Chick.

Information you may wanna read:

Superchick on Zee Big Round Sexy Ball
- Lay on ball at waist level, tighten back to raise chest parallel to legs with arms straight out in front. The goal is to look like a superchick flying. Be sure to keep the head in line with the spine, do not look up.

Ask me why, why this exercise? Well, simply put, you need it to strengthen your lower back, developing your core into all that it can be, ie: not in pain, not giving out on you, not aching, etc...
The spinae erecta is typically weak, due to the lack of focused exercises on these smaller muscles. The abdominal muscles are the main stabilizers which maintain a healthy erect (yeah, yeah, yeah...) core stance. However, did you realize when you work a muscle group it is imperative to work the opposing muscle group to maintain and develop balanced core? An example of this is working your abdominal area - crunch away. Alas, make sure you include a few dozen superchicks into your workout too! Your abs and lower back work together, so, make them stronger and healthier, together :)

Zee bouncy beautiful diverse ball can change your routine tremendously. Try to incorporate the stability ball in your next abdominal workout, using your muscles differently, changing it up a bit. And remember to flip it over, up, up, up and awaaaaaaaaaaaay, SUPERCHICK it!

1 comment:

Pablo said...

Sure wish I could attend your classes. Painful but fun!