Sunday, October 8, 2006

Body Piercing

Body Piercing

When getting a piercing, you’re breaking the surface of your skin to do it and inserting a foreign object-needle, and/or ring. Your skin protects you from viruses, dirt, germs and bacteria. If a parlour or salon you go to doesn’t have the right knowledge and equipment, you could get communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis B or bacterial infections. Depending on the location of the piercing, there are some things you should know. And there are consequences if you decide to remove a piercing.

Location of Piercings

Did you know?

Piercing in your belly button can take up to six months to heal.
Piercing your nipples can lead to breastfeeding problems.
People with tongue studs have a much higher incidence of broken teeth because the stud has knocked against them.
With the bacteria that live in your mouth, your tongue may never heal properly from your stud.

Removing Piercings

It's recommended that you don’t remove jewelry in a piercing before the hole is completely healed. If it needs to be removed before healing, It's recommended that you check with your doctor before doing so. Removing a piercing usually leaves a scar.

Hmmm, where I want a piercing won't leave me wondering about any scar that may be left apparent ;) If yanno what I mean, jelly bean!

6 comments:

iwiwag said...

Ummmmm :)

Pablo said...

Never understood the body piercing thing.

Anonymous said...

The most piercing I ever got was a few ear rings. At my peak, I had three: 2 in my left ear, 1 in the right. Then I went to two in my left back down to one. I still have the hole in my left ear to go back to two since it never fully healed.

Anonymous said...

I love my tattoos...can't ever see getting a piercing though...even in the wedding tackle.

Roci said...

Tatooing and peircing are signs of mental illness. They are a visible warning to everyone you meet that here is a person who should never be trusted with any important decisions.

Exceptions granted for Pirates, dark skinned people normally found on the cover of National Geographic and natives of Polynesia.

Wonder Woman said...

PHEW!
Thank heavens I'm a pirate!

Arrrrrr...